MSPV offers the Land Cruiser 79-Series Double-Cab Troop Carrier in protection levels B4+ (Kalashnikov AK47 7.62×39 FeC bullet), B6 (7.62×51 M80, 5.56×45 SS109 – NATO and US assault rifles), and B6+ (5.56×45 M193). All 4 sides of the front and rear passenger compartments and the roof are protected using high-quality armour steel and glass to defeat the chosen threat-level.
The floor of the vehicle is protected against blast and fragments of explosive threats such as the industry-standard two DM51 hand-grenades or two HG85 fragmentation grenades. Higher blast protection available up to land-mines such as the DM31.
Customer-specific protection-level available on request.
- The armouring is integrated inside the vehicle’s cab and forms a complete self-supporting structure so as to avoid excessive stress on the vehicle’s original body.
- The interior armour-frame provides overlap for the large- surface armour components such as the door armour-plates and the windows.
- Hinge mounting points are reinforced both in the pillars and in the doors in a way that the armouring of the door is supported by the armouring of the pillar.
- Heavy-duty hinges with built-in door-stop.
- Front compartment seats up to 6, rear compartment seats 4.
- The fuel-tanks are protected with steel armour-plates.
- The battery and control module of the engine are protected to the same level as the opaque areas.
• certified ballistic steel and glass • VARIOUS protection levels • upgraded suspension • 5 runflats
All armouring materials used by MSPV are ballistically certified by independent laboratories. Glass and steel are tested and certified according to European and international standards. Each batch of steel is tested as part of the normal quality control process of our suppliers, and random samples of the sheets delivered to MSPV are once more submitted for testing by the Beschussamt Munich in Germany.
Suspension and brake upgrade components specifically designed to cope with the higher weight of armoured vehicles are sourced from carefully selected suppliers.
The MSPV runflats have also been tested in real-life conditions along the finabel standard and were still fully functional after 100km.