MSPV’s Armoured B4+ Peugeot 508 offers protection against small arms up to the Kalashnikov AK47 (7.62×39 FeC ammunition).
All four sides of the passenger compartment and the roof of the vehicle are protected using high-quality armour steel and glass. The floor of the vehicle is protected against blast and fragments of explosive threats such as the industry-standard two DM51 hand-grenades or two HG85 fragmentation grenades.
The vehicle retains its original appearance to blend in traffic without attracting attention.
1.6L VTI PETROL AUTOMATIC
- The armouring is integrated inside the vehicle’s cab and forms complete self-supporting structure so as to avoid excessive stress on the vehicle’s original structure.
- The interior armour-frame provides overlap for the large-surface armour components such as the door armour-plates and the windows.
- Hinge mounting points are reinforced both in the pillars and in the doors in a way that the armouring of the door is supported by the armouring of the pillar.
- Heavy-duty hinges with in-built door-stop.
- Fuel-tank(s) protected with steel armour-plates.
- The battery and control module of the engine are protected to the same level as the opaque areas.
• certified ballistic steel and glass • 5 runflats • b6 protection level • upgraded suspension
MSPV uses exclusive armouring materials ballistically certified by independent laboratories. Glass and steel are tested and certified according to European and international standards. Each batch of steel is tested as part of the normal quality control process of our suppliers, and random samples of the sheets delivered to MSPV are once more submitted for testing by the Beschussamt Munich in Germany.
Beyond this strict quality control process, MSPV regularly submits raw materials and assembly samples for ballistic testing by Beschussamt Munich to assess the limits of the materials and the efficiency of proposed assembly solutions. Welds, bolted assemblies, overlap solutions etc. are tested in this way prior to being used in production.